Monday, July 9, 2012

Triptych: The Songbirds of Columbia


"Infinite" by Huzaa


"Elizabeth and The Songbird" by Algabir Stacado (account deactivated)


"Not All Is As It Seems" by Hatm0nster

Last weekend I finally finished Bioshock 2. While I always enjoy my visits to Rapture, I definitely felt that it didn't quite live up to the mind-blowing experience of the first Bioshock; the novelty of playing a Big Daddy sustained me for quite a while, but by around the 2/3rd mark, I was looking at the current and upcoming level maps and starting to feel like it was a bit of a drag. For the most part, Bioshock 2 should have been half as long and released as a DLC pack.

Having said that, I'm unduly excited about Bioshock Infinite. I'm not entirely sure how it will relate to the whole established Andrew Ryan\Rapture\plasmid narrative of the first two Bioshock games, but the extreme change in setting and the brilliant enemy designs, not to mention the fact that the game will apparently do for the philosophy of American exceptionalism what the first two did for Randian objectivism, have me eagerly awaiting its release on February 26th, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your take on Bioshock 2, and cannot wait for Infinite. Your collection of art in this post are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete